Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I register on the JDLF website? Sign up as a member by clicking the person icon in the top right corner of the website. As a member, you order when you want... there is no requirement to order every week. There is also no minimum amount for each order. You can order from multiple producers and pick up everything in one convenient location. There is no membership fee.
2. How does delivery work? You have two delivery options:
"Delivery to a Pickup Location" ($2)
"Delivery to Home" ($10)
The $2 Pickup Fee is automatically added to your shopping cart. If you prefer home delivery, click the "Add Delivery" button in the shopping cart.
3. When is the buying window? For Tuesday delivery, you can shop between Friday at noon to Monday at noon.
4. Where are the pickup locations?
Tuesday pickup locations are in the following parking lots:
Apple Canyon Lake: Firehouse Fitness Center, 5:00 pm
Apple River: Thriving Thistle Market, 4:30 pm
Elizabeth: Elizabeth Community Building, 4:15 pm
Galena: Irish Cottage, 5:00 pm
Galena Territory: Shenandoah Riding Center, 4:20 pm
Hanover: Presbyterian Church, 4:15 pm
Savanna: Farmers' Market pavilion, 4:45 pm
Stockton: Spahn & Rose, 4:45 pm
When you place an order, you should receive a confirmation email with the time and address of the pickup location you have chosen.
5. I need to change my pickup location. Make sure to change this BEFORE starting to shop. If you make the change after adding items to your cart, it will clear the contents from your cart. If you place an order, then realize you chose the wrong location, there's no way to modify the submitted order. Please contact Erin to let her know the order location needs to be changed (email@example.com, or call or text her at 815-990-5374).
6. I added items to my cart, waited a day or two before placing the order, and some of the items disappeared from my cart. What happened? Unfortunately, placing items in your cart does NOT reserve them. The items are only deducted from the website's inventory when you place the order and pay for it. To make sure you get the items you want before they sell out, place your order right away! You can always come back and place multiple orders during the buying window, and you will only be charged ONE delivery fee!
7. I'm having trouble finding items on the shopping page, and I don't want to scroll through all 500 items. On the shopping page, you can search by producer, by category, by key words, or by a combination of these options. This should help prevent a lot of scrolling.
8. I thought I placed an order, but when I showed up at the pickup location, my order wasn't there. Once in a while, there is a weird glitch with Stripe or PayPal, and the order doesn't go through. Make sure you receive a confirmation email for your order! If you don't, contact Erin to make sure your order went through, OR click on the person icon in the top right corner and select "My Orders." This will show you if the order was received.
9. Do I return the t-shirt bag my order came in? And what about these jars? Yes, please return your t-shirt bag. We wash them each week and reuse them so we can limit our use of paper and plastic. If you ordered something that came in a glass jar or bottle, you can return the empty jar to the delivery person to receive a credit ($0.50 per jar, or $1 for a spray bottle). Just make sure your name is somewhere on or inside the jar/bottle so we can get the credit to the right person. Unfortunately, we are not able to reuse egg cartons or plastic bags.
10. I selected home delivery, but my confirmation email tells me to go to the pickup location. This is a glitch with the website that we haven't been able to fix yet. If you paid the $10 fee for home delivery, you WILL get home delivery, despite what the email says. If you want to confirm any details about the home delivery, feel free to contact Erin. If you aren't home at the time of delivery, you will want to have a cooler outside the house that we can leave your order inside of.
If you experience technical difficulties at any point, please don't hesitate to contact Erin by phone, text, or email. Thank you for shopping local!